Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday evening applesauce

What is ablog? What is a journal? What is a chronicle? How are these fundamentally and semantically different?
What's the fundamental difference between invention and innovation?
I write.
I blog.
I journalize.
I chronicle.
I invent.
I innovate.

Ah, curse this accultured language, it's rigid orthography, and endless jargoning.

"I believe that if it were left to artists to choose their own labels most would choose none."--Ben Shahn

Quote from my acoustic notebook (Blue Mead 5 Star--I've decided it's ultimately preferable to write with a notebook in front of a word processor.)

"The pace of population explosion globally and the advance of technology creates with us a sense that the immediate first decade of the 21st Century is exponentially more relevant than the historically cataclysmic 20th Century where we Post-Did everything, slayed millions, and went to the moon. I'd like sometimes to skip it entirely, reach back to the world my grandfather understood and break past it. hurtling past grandfathers towards Adam. Saxon on fire in a slipstream."

No comments: